Friday, August 24, 2012

ღ All Things Old ღ

This is an Old Post in a Journal I'm Closing Down. I thought I'd repost it. :)


All Things Old

I love anything Old & Rustic.  
I found this 0ld window & window flower box @Robmargo 
DIY Craft Projects using Old Vintage Windows Doors - Trash to Treasure - Architectural Salvage
If we still lived in our rustic country home i would Find a place for a window like this. We had a wrap around porch that went across the front to the side, leaving the back and one side open.
It's hard to tell much from this black & white photo, i need to scan some photo's in. The house is about 3 acres from the road. 
 One day we will go back to the country if we can find something we love as much as we did this. 

I constantly search Google images for photo's that inspire me. They are not hard to find!
I used to wonder what my grandmother got out of that huge concrete birdbath out in her yard. Everyone had one and i Never wanted one! Now that i am in my 50's, i like the old things. My neighbor had one and said she no longer wanted it and offered it to me.
Did i accept it? You bet. And i love it! 
We have been away from the country for 10 yrs now and i still cannot get it out of my system.  There is a sense of peace and solitude i just cannot find  in town. Maybe having so many people available yet they will not make themselves available makes it worse. We search often for another country home and most searches bring up nothing. 
I will still dream though. 

We did go look at the land and i will post about it tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~~~~ ღ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Links to photo's that are not my own click on the photo!








No comments:

Post a Comment